5 surprising ways to have great skin
Skin care is a very tricky thing and it’s always customized because skincare depends on the skin type. Most of us are not blessed with a flawless skin but there is an immense desire to have a great skin. Basically there are 4 skin types namely:
• Normal skin
• Dry Skin
• Oily Skin
• Sensitive skin
Each and every skin type has it own unique requirements. Taking good care is the secret to a perfect skin and here are the 5 surprising ways to have a great skin:
1. Wash your face with cold water – Cleanse the skin and wash the face with cold water for cleaning it thoroughly. Never use hot water because it can rip of the moisture and dry out the facial skin leaving it flaky or even red. Even if you do not have a cleanser with you, just wash with plain cold tap water.
2. Oil is good for the skin – Oil and moisturizing the skin is good and so it’s a great idea to wash your face after applying some coconut oil or olive oil. High quality beauty products contain rich and skin-protecting oils which is good for the skin. For the ones with very oily skin, you can apply oil-control moisturizers. You won’t have a glowing skin without proper moisturizing.
3. Follow a skin care regime including facials – It is very essential to follow a daily skincare regime which includes cleansing, toning and moisturizing. If you are 30 years and above it is always good to choose a facial according to your skin type. There are different types of facials like Fruit, Chocolate, Wine, Herbal and some treatment facials like Hydration, Brightening, Anti-ageing, Derma planning and more. You can have a consultation with your beautician about your skin type and if you have any specific skin issue and get the best facial done. There is so much of pollution these days that it is an essential task to detoxify the skin and get a good massage to flush out the toxins.
4. Drink lots of water, sleep and balanced diet – It is very important to keep the skin hydrated to get the glow. Drink lots of water, an eight glasses of water a day helps to keep your skin fluffy and happy all day. Carry water every where because your skin needs to be hydrated. You cannot leave out sleep and keep on drinking water. Both sleep and water helps to reproduce new cells, helping in skin renewal. 7-8 hours of sleep is bare essential to get a flawless skin. Do you keep in mind your diet when planning to take care of your skin? Its time that you say NO to excess oils, junk and fried foods and embrace a diet including fresh fruits, vegetables and all other skin-friendly ingredients. Drink least alcohol and drink green tea and the goodness would show on your skin. Apart from eating and sleeping, engage in healthy exercise to have a natural glow on your skin.
5. Do not scrub to exfoliate – Scrubbing using usual drug-store scrubs can be quite harsh for your skin and this can hurt the pores and also sometimes lead to acne. It’s best not to use chemical scrubs that mainly contain toxins. Use natural fruit to exfoliate and your skin would have the perfect radiance.
After all these, one very important skin care tip is to use minimal make up because you know how much chemicals these contain. Please remove make-up before you go to bed to keep your skin healthy.